Albatross Safety Razor
Albatross Safety Razor
You don't need multiple blades or extra stuff on the razor for a good shave. All you need is a well made, high quality safety razor with a good blade. This OG-style safety razor does the job and will last you a lifetime.
Albatross Safety Razors will give you a smooth, bump-free, superior shaving experience without all the plastic waste. Built to last with a high-polished finish (no rust ever!). At 3.5” in length, this safety razor handles every shaving need. Comes with 10-pack blades and a hemp storage bag.
We understand switching to a safety razor can be scary. Follow our suggestions below and we found that watching a video can help you get a visual for how to shave. Watch this video to learn how to shave with a safety razor.
Why we love this: Albatross safety razors are made for all genders & shaving needs (no "pink tax"). Albatross promotes circularity by taking old used blades and upcycles them into forks and knives. Just bring your used blades back to us!
How to load a blade your Albatross safety razor:
- Twist the bottom of the shaver handle to open the wings of the blade holder.
- Hold the replacement blade from the short ends (the long sides are sharp - be careful!)
- Simply place a blade in the blade holder and twist the bottom in the opposite direction to tighten the blade holder wings over the blade.
Watch this short video for how to load a blade.
How to shave:
- Wet skin and hair with warm water.
- Lather shaving cream on skin and hair
- Hold the blade at a 30 degree angle (follow safety guide on side of razor) and let the weight of the handle do the work. Do NOT add too much pressure.
- Use short strokes to shave, especially when you first start using a safety razor.
- Rinse razor head as you go.
- Finish with after shave ointment or lotion.
How to take care of your safety razor:
- Rinse all the soap/ hair/ gunk from your razor after each use.
- Shake your razor and let it air dry. Do not use a towel to dry blades - this makes them duller.
- Store your razor in a dry place.
- If you notice any corrosion, rub that spot vigorously with a terry cloth towel, or a small piece of emery cloth.
- Ensure your razor is clean and dry to make it last longer!
Don't forget to bring your used blades to us so we can return them to Albatross to be upcycled!